Have I already professed my love of curries to you? I must have, because I love them so. My mother taught me how to make Surinamese curry dishes, but I also wanted to try the many different curries that come from Asia so I started looking into how to make them from scratch and that is how this delicious and healthy recipe came into being.
Yellow curry noodles with salmon and spinach. Doesn't that just sound... - I don't know - healthy, yummy, delicious, easy to make? Well, it is all of that! I will spare you how to make the curry from scratch (that is for another post), though I certainly do recommend it. So the main ingredients you will need for four persons are:
400 grams of egg noodles
400 grams of salmon filet
500 grams of spinach
2 table spoons of sunflower oil
1 tea spoon of minced garlic
1 onion (medium sized)
3 table spoons of yellow Thai curry paste (has a freshness to it)
1. Cut the salmon filet in to equally-sized strips, then marinate it with the yellow curry paste. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Pour yourself a drink?!
2. Boil the egg noodles according to the description on the package it came in. Set it aside when done.
3. Get a wok pan, add 1 table spoon of sunflower oil and stir fry the marinated salmon for a couple of minutes (just one or two minutes will do). Then place the salmon (juices and all) in a bowl to rest.
4. Add the rest of your sunflower oil (1 table spoon) to the same wok pan (or big frying pan) and add fry the garlic and onion (I personally like to add extra chili's now). Give it a minute then add all your spinach in the pan and let it shrink.
5. Now grab your boiled noodles and stir fried salmon (plus the juices), and add that to the spinach. Mix it all together until the flavors come together, then it is ready to be served!
That is all you need to do for an easy and healthy meal that also tastes great! It is easy and quick, but gets loads of flavor from the curry paste (which is why I tend to use more than just three table spoons of it) and the flavors are even better when you make the curry paste yourself! Well, I hope you find this healthy recipe useful and be sure to share it with me if you make this yourself!