Last Monday I published my first post that is part of the "Two Dashes of Glam" series and I created my 2014 Christmas Beauty Look. I wanted to go for lots of glitter and sparkle, so I tried made red glitter lips because they really stand out and, therefore, are perfect for the holidays!
I was very pleased that those sparkling lips really appealed to my readers and there were several questions about how to create it, so I wanted to make a tutorial to show how simple it is! It does not take up a lot of time if you have all the right lip products right at home. The things you will be needing are: fine red glitters (the finer, the better they will look on your lips), smooth and shiny red lipstick and a red lip pencil. It is also smart if you make sure some toilet paper or a tissue are close by.
1. Use lip pencil to outline your lips, then fill them in.
2. Apply the shiny red lipstick on top of the lipliner. I used "Mon Rouge" by Lolita Lempicka.
3. Dip your finger into some glitter, take small amounts, and add the glitters to your lips by slowly pressing them onto your lips. The lipstick should be smooth and shiny (not a matte finish), so the glitters will stick well to your lips.
4. There may be fall out here and there, so be sure to remove that. To make sure there is no excess glitter on your lips, grab a tissue or piece of toilet paper and press your lips on to them so all the extra glitters will go on the tissue and not remain on your lips.
5. What I always do when wearing bright lipstick is sucking my thumb once. This sounds weird but it removes the excess lipstick so it won't appear on your teeth. Put your thumb in your mouth and softly press your lips to it. Now take out your thumb while your lips are still there. Voila.
That is really how simple it is. Just fill in, apply lipstick and add the glitter. A piece of cake! You can obviously do this with any other color as well. Just imagine wearing beautiful fuchsia sparkling glitters on your lips. The products survived the day pretty well as long as there is no major eating involved (I'm a messy eater). It may feel a bit strange (sandy?) but make sure you do not rub your lips together and all should be fine. You will surely catch everyone's eye with these red glitter lips. For a full face photo or more information be sure to go (back) to my Christmas Beauty Look. If you create your own red sparkling lips, then be sure to share a picture with me via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! I would love to see how it looks on you! I hope you find this useful! Let me know if you have any other questions.