I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Kirsty from Beautiliciousworld.nl and the Sunshine Blogger Award by Rea from REAlity Bites and Jasmijn from JasmijnCherubijn. I looked at the rules of the two awards and if I am not mistaken they are the same, so I figured I would join the two into one.
The rules tend to change a bit here and there, but the main thing was to put the banner of the awards up, thank and link back to those who have nominated you and tell your readers 7 random facts about yourself. Kirsty, Rea, Jasmijn, you ladies are killing me. I suck at randomly telling stuff about myself. Well, ok. Here goes nothing.
1. I have been writing short stories ever since I was a kid. Usually these stories are about love... but they evolved into science-fiction love stories once I got introduced to cool science fiction movies. Yet I have never finished any of my short (or longer) stories, which is why it is on my bucket list!
2. Traveling by plane is something I find very exciting and my most memorable trip was when I was 18 and I went to New York with my family. Not that going to New York in itself isn't very exciting... but there were tv-screens in each seat. It is like that air plane was made for this couch potato. I watched so many movies and tv-shows and I made my dad watch 300, though he was very reluctant.. he ended up liking it. Somewhat.
3. I had a penpal from Pensylvannia with whom I started writing letters at the age of 12. It was so exciting to receive a letter from someone who lived so far away. With Christmas and our birthdays we would send each other small gifts and chocolates from our countries. Good stuff! I still have all her letters.
4. Another blast from the past. I have always been a big fan of horror movies (or tv-shows), but this did not always work out so well for me as a kid. I would watch all the scary movies I was not allowed to see and the only time it really scared me was when I was home alone or when I was about to jump (yes, jump) into my bed after turning the lights off in my bedroom. One time I hurt my nose. Ouch. Mind you, I was a kid! I laugh at this memory now.. Ha ha... ha.. ha.. ...
5. I used to be amused by stories about housewives who watch their soaps all day on TV to escape their minds and get lost into whatever dramatic affairs were going on. Then a couple of weeks ago, I was eating breakfast and watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy when I suddenly bursted out into tears because of a heartfelt scene between Owen and Cristina. It was then that I realized I had become like those housewives and decided to go look for a life. I am still looking.
6. Greek Mythology is awesome! I used to sit in the library during my breaks in high school to read about it (what a nerd) and I never really liked Zeus that much. I never liked his portrayal up until I saw "Immortals" which had Luke Evans playing Zeus... and I was sold. Can you blame me?
7. I googled "random questions" so I could get a sense of what to talk about in this post. Sue me! ^^
Those were my seven random facts for the Sunshine Blogger and Very Inspiring Blogger Award! In turn I have to nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. Seeing as I combined two you can decide for yourself which of the two you would like to do. I would like to nominate:
Inez - inezzed
Marlies - Golden Mirrors and Pink Bows
Mirjam - Jewel Nails
Karlien - Polished Cats
Melissa - KissandMakeUpBeautyBlog
Lyn - Blonde Butterflies
Nikki - The Ginger Diaries
Shayne - Queen of All You See
Sara - Windows On My Wardrobe
Vanessa - Vanessablogt
Natalie - Lataniedesign
Esther & Leila - Leopard and Lipstick
Beth - Beauty in Beta
Kimberly - Birds and Beez
That was all for today, folks. I hope you enjoyed reading my seven random facts and feel like you got to know me a bit better. Once I started thinking about my childhood all these hilarious thoughts started popping up, but I will spare you the details. Why do you not tell me something random about yourself in the comments! I would love to read it!