I have read about many beauty boxes that deliver monthly beauty-related products to its subscribers for them to discover and try new random things. I never got the appeal much, because I like choosing the products I buy myself, but I can see how it is beneficial for some. So when I had to the chance to try the Deauty Box from October I was willing to give it a try and see what it is like.
Deauty, a Belgian company, stands for "Discovering Beauty". For a regular subscription you pay €16,95 a month and get four to six sample/medium sized products by beauty brands in return. Some of the brands Deauty offers are Bergasol, Clinique, Essie, Garnier, Nuxe, YSL, and many more. Deauty does not only allows its subscribers to discover new products, but also aims to inspire and inform them. Now it is time to have a look at the box itself:
It is a simple black box with its logo on the outside and on the inside there is a lovely quote by Yves Saint Laurent that I agree with. Passion is at the center of all things, hm. I think the Deauty Box looks really classy all in black and white. Once you open it, you will find the products inside on top of shredded black paper. It looks quite lovely. The month October had six different products. A couple of them appear like sample sizes - or at least, very small size, but there are also some full-size products in there.
- Fluide Hydratant Précieux - Les Soins Bio de Plante System: A moisturizing cream that has antioxidants and is resistant to cold because it is based on the Edelweiss flower from the Alps. The cream comes in a 40 ml tube and smells so good! Wow, that stood out to me immediately.
- Nectar Thermique - Kérastase Nutritive: a heat-styling protective agent for dry to very dry hair. It is made of white consistency and I am very pleased with this product, because I needed new thermo-protection for my hair.
- Pschitt Magique Nouvelle Peau® - Garancia: micropeeling skin cleanser that is supposed to make the face skin look healthier and younger. I was actually already testing this product, so a second little product gives me the chance to try it out longer.
- Extra-gentle dry shampoo with oat milk - Klorane: Euhm, I think the name basically says it all. I was in need of a new dry shampoo, but never really got around to buying one, so this is perfect timing!
- Botanical Cologne of the Missions - Le Couvent des Mimines: a fragrance that comes in a 30 ml/1 fl oz bottle, which must be a sample size because it is very tiny. I do think this is a good idea for a cologne, because if you do not like the scent.. then you are stuck with a really big bottle. I actually like the scent.. so I am in luck! A review will come soon.
- Fard à Joues - T.LeClerc: in the color Pêche Veloutée #11, which is a soft pinkish shade. This brand bases its products on natural ingredients such as rice powder and rice oil.
The majority of these products are (skin-)care products (with but one cosmetic product) and seem to be French brands that one can also find in the pharmacy. The October month Deauty box was a very fortunate one for me, because it just as happened to be matching with my skin type or with what I needed at the time. So handy! But will I now subscribe to beauty boxes too? Nah. It is still not for me, because I like picking products myself. Though I do see how it can be useful for many, who like to discover or get to know new brands or products or just like to be surprised. The Deauty box can also function as a fun gift to give someone else! Apparently, in the month November (from the 3rd) there will be two exclusive boxes with products by Karin Herzorg, a beauty brand by Kate Middleton. Here is an overview of all the previous months. Well, that was a inside look into the Beauty Box for the month October! I will be reviewing all the products and cannot wait to share them with you! What do you think? Do beauty subscriptions like the Deauty Box work for you? Or are you more like me?! Which product of the six are you most curious about?
This product was given to me by a company or PR-agency. Please read my disclaimer.