From the comments in my L'oréal Color Infallible Eyeshadows post I noticed that some of you wanted to know what the colors would look like on me in a look, so yesterday I played a bit with the four colors and I thought about my options. Click ahead to see my first look.
If you still remember, I had four different eyeshadows: beige, pink, silver and a bright blue. Obviously, I was not going to create a look with all four colors on my eyes because I had to attend classes so I did not want to wear a too dramatic or flamboyant eyelook. But there is nothing wrong with a bit of color, so for my first look I chose "Blue Curacao".
- I used a matte light brown color from my "Storm" Sleek I-divine palette all over my eyelid.
- From the same palette I took the matte dark brown eyeshadow and applied this to my outer-V and crease softly. Then I added "Coconut Shake" to my inner-V of my eyes and just below my eyebrows. After that I had to blend it.
- I drew a winged line with "Blue Curacao" on my lower lash line. I made this line quite thick, because I wanted the blue color to be emphasized. I forgot to take a picture of it, but take a different light blue eyeliner / eye pencil / wetted eyeshadow and add that color to your lower waterline. I also added a slightly darker blue (extremely thin) line under the Blue Curacao winged line, just for some shadow. The different colors of blue came from my 100 piece marble ELF eyeshadow palette, I used number 82 and 89.
- Add a thick black winged eyeliner to your upper eyelid. As you can see my two winged lines were not very in synch, so I corrected this by removing a bit of the blue line appearing above the black winged line. I used my sephora eyeliner.
- Let us not forget about the mascara... I applied two coats on top and one below.
- And that is it for today, everyone. I suck at taking close-up pictures of my eyes, but I am working on it. Bear with me.
And a quick snap shot of my face (taken in the bathroom, oh dear, I had to search for natural daylight so excuse the first picture with the light coming from the right and not the front) so you can see what it looks like when we zoom out. I always notice the imperfections, but I think I did alright as I completed it during my "rush hour" just before school. A quick tip: I wetted the brush I used for "Blue Curacao" to make the color even more intense and this way it stays on my eyes longer too. Would I do something different? Yes, I would probably bring out the blue winged line all the way to my inner V. Maybe when it is not a school day! Other looks with the L'oréal Color Infallible eyeshadows will be coming soon. Well, what do you think? Do you approve? Is it something you would wear as well? I would love to hear your thoughts!