Though I must admit that from time to time my boyfriend surprises me with a romantic gesture by buying me a valentine's day card with a sweet message on it, but this is by his choosing. I never give him anything, nor do we do anything special on Valentine's day. Well, enough personal chit-chat, here is an overview of what I thought were cool gifts for women:
1. Nee Make-Up "Obsession" box contains a matte lipstick, nail polish, high definition lip pencil and a lip scrub. There are four different boxes so you can choose a color best suited to you - errrr, I mean... your significant other can. Click here for more information.
2. You could go for sexy lingerie or something funky and cool such as a galaxy on your underwear! Find the funky designs here and check out Madame Supertrash for something sexier (change your location down on the right).
3. Check out this amazing nail polish set by "Only You", (which I want just because they are so gorgeous) that has three amazing colors and apparently also includes stickers! You can find this lovely product at your beauty department store, such as Ici Paris XL.
4. Bio'ty Lab created Green & Spring, a cute little bird house that contains a flowery bath and shower soap, bath oil and two candles. All meant to spoil and nourish your skin. This luxurious package is quite a treat, so be sure to take a look (change the language on the top right).
5. I know that receiving a gorgeous bag can bring a smile to my face so it will probably do the same for many other women too! This beautiful pink salmon bag is by River Island, a great store that has even more lovely items for lovely ladies!
6. Yves Rocher burgundy-colored giving your lips extra attention and a rich color. Honestly, what is not to love? I love this store and I love this product. As you know I am a big fan of burgundy and if your girl is too.. treat her with this luxurious-looking lipstick.
7. If you do not feel like getting her make-up or something practical, but are opting for something a bit more special and possible more expensive then you can always turn to jewelry. A beautiful necklace, like this one by Comma, will usually do the trick for the lucky lady.
Now for the men I always have a harder time coming up with things, because when I think of women I just think of what I would like! For men, I think about what my boyfriend would want. So, this is my attempt at being a good gift-giver to men:
1. I do not know about boys in general, but mine is a huge sweet-tooth so anything chocolate-y will make him happy. It is a simple but sweet gesture, so why not? Or you could make him home-made cookies or heart-shaped cupcakes. The sky's the limit!
2. If you are looking for something a bit fancier but also hip, then you should take notice to these bow-ties. I am not sure my boyfriend would wear them, but if yours would then fancy him up with this accessory by Calabrese and make him look like Chuck Bass.. every now and then.
4. Men love gadgets, right? This is one gadget that even I fancy! How awesome is this docking-system for your Iphone? It's in sight, it looks cool and you can use it without a bother whilst you are working on your computer. Click here for more information.
5. I think old-fashioned barber tools are really cool! Especially the shaving cream brush. I would just have so much fun with this - OK, it is not for me. I get it. But your boyfriend may like it too? I found a great shop in Antwerp for this, it is called Necessities.
6. A practical but fashionable gift that business men need more than one of, so why not help him out and give him a tie you like! I am sure he does not have that many red ties yet, so surely this could be considered as a practical gift?!
I still need to add a personal favorite Valentine's gift. Remember the article I wrote about Lolita Lempicka's brand new line of "Mon Rouge" lipsticks? Well, in celebration of Valentine's Day the classic red lipstick and a small version of the "Elle L'aime" perfume will be available together in this cute little red box. What more could a girl want? That is all on Valentine's Day! Do you celebrate it, if so, how? What do you usually like to give and receive on this holiday? Tell me all about it below!